market-farming - [Market-farming] live-in gardner wanted

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Nan Hildreth <NanHildreth AT riseup.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] live-in gardner wanted
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 18:52:20 -0600

Because of a divorce, I need a gardener to grow organic vegetables for market at the place back in the woods 70 miles north of Houston. The beds, irrigation, orchard, berries. etc is partially setup. In 2 months, by April, we could get income going of $500 a week and build from there. (Zone 8b is rather warm and winter greens grow in Jan/Feb.) I have the relationships for sales to restaurants and a spot at the farmer's market.

It's so remote that I'm looking for a family, else they would feel too lonesome back in the woods. It has a big old house on it and the woods are lovely. I am expecting to work with the family on money, production and sales until they don't need me.

Email me at NanHildreth AT riseup.net or text me at 713-504-9901 and I'll send you the long story on it.

Nan Hildreth, 713-504-9901

"About 20% of the fossil fuel we burn goes to the food system. That's as much as goes to personal transportation. ... We don't often think about food in connection with climate change, but it is a tremendous contributor ... it's one of the easier ways to address the problem." says Michael Pollan, author in the documentary "Killer at Large: Why Obesity is America's Greatest Threat" which can be played online at Netflix.

  • [Market-farming] live-in gardner wanted, Nan Hildreth, 12/29/2012