market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] GAPs (was: New Cooler Construction)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: KAKerby AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] GAPs (was: New Cooler Construction)
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 11:07:49 -0500 (EST)

That's a very troubling new development, if it turns out to be true.  I'm really on the fence about GAP.  Yes, we're changing some of our farm layout to comply with GAP (mainly a more definite separation of animals from crop areas, in both space and time) and yes, it's a good idea to have the more robust documentation.  But I already felt like it was focusing a tremendous amount of attention on only a small part of the problem.  And now apparently they're throwing the baby out with the bathwater.  Richard, if you can get some confirmation of that, one way or the other, I'd very much appreciate it.  I wasn't planning to attend the next GAP session here, but maybe I will.  Even if we don't seek certification, it's probably prudent to at least keep my finger on the pulse of this monster.
Kathryn Kerby
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA