market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] fall peas

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Carla Maness <manessfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] fall peas
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 20:57:30 -0500

We've had mixed results with fall peas. Some years they do great, and other years, no. We didn't even try to plant them this year. We were still too hot and dry when it was time to plant, and as it has turned out it was a wise decision this year. We are still in an extreme drought. I do know we tend to seed them more heavily than we do for a spring planting. They are always in demand so if we get a crop it's great, but I think we make more money off of fall green beans, and they are not as finicky to grow.

Carla
Perkins, OK