market-farming - [Market-farming] Farm Tour, Sunday, September 16th 2 to 4 PM

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Farm Tour, Sunday, September 16th 2 to 4 PM
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 18:05:47 -0400

Just wanted to let you folks know that we are going to have our farm open to the public next Sunday, September 16th 2 to 4 PM.  We will be discussing/demonstrating, in brief, our composting, produce and herb production, food forest forage, and our grain cleaning/milling.

We will have three chefs, a wood fired pizza company, a caterer, and three artisan food/soap producers on hand offering samples, we will also have the OEFFA, local Slow Food Chapter and a retailer we supply, Green BEAN Delivery on hand to promote and answer questions.

The event is part of OEFFA's 2012 Ohio Sustainable/Organic Farm Tour series.

Or by visiting http://www.OEFFA.org main website.

We are doing a sort of BYOB event afterwards for those that want to hang out an chat up food politics and how the year is going.  We encourage farmers to attend to both discuss and give our visitors another view point.

I figure I would invite you all on the unlikely chance someone actually has free time.  :D

Cheers!

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio