market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Restaurant update

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Carla Maness <manessfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Restaurant update
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 22:22:09 -0500

Richard,
Thank you. You provide valuable insight. I'm really sitting here laughing at myself right now, for being such a planner, and feeling like a very "by the book" kind of person, and I'm gathering chef's are more of the "free spirit" type. We have one restaurant that calls and wants 25 pounds of asparagus right away. The other emails and lets me know at least a week in advance what he wants and how much. I feel like I'm dealing with one who plans and the one who doesn't and I'm trying to juggle that with the demands of doing 3 market days a week.
I didn't really expect the chef's to commit to any one thing I mentioned we would be growing this fall, but I guess I expected a little more interest or some kind of feedback. I'm learning. Slowly, but I'm learning.

Thanks again,
Carla
Perkins, OK