market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Shade Cloth for summer lettuce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Shade Cloth for summer lettuce
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 11:19:07 -0400

This is undoubtedly true, but shade cloth over hoops is great for keeping the deer off.

As they could remove the stuff if they tried, this must be working by keeping them from seeing the lettuce: they don't pull the shade cloth off because they don't realize there's anything under it that they want. Shade cloth up posts over the crop with the sides open wouldn't have the deer repellent effect.