market-farming - [Market-farming] made it so far

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] made it so far
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 07:58:40 -0400

First, it didn’t get as cold at our place as forecast. It depends on where they are reading from – our “location” is4 miles further from Lake Champlain and another 100 plus feet elevation.  Temperature readings though are taken from the airport in Plattsburgh, with lots of concrete.

Inside the hoophouse, minimum 33.  Under the row cover with lots of water containers after a sunny day, minimum 46.

Thanks for the advice and concern.

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead, Peru NY

http://rhomestead.com      http://www.facebook.com/rhomestead

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used." - Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Frances Moore Lappe