market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] G Motor

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Vern and Amy <vaspencer AT sisna.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] G Motor
  • Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 08:33:12 -0700

Thanks, everybody--all good suggestions. A buddy called me last night and mentioned he has a 2 cylinder Kohler I can use if I can make it fit. His price is right, while the other options are not at this time. BTW, if anyone is interested, Jim Corliss has converted 165 G's to a 24 HP Kubota diesel without any complaints from customers. He has recently sold this end of the business the the Kubota dealer in Albany, OR. Linn Benton Tractor Co. uses an 1105 Kubota motor, some adjustment to the flywheel of the new engine and an adapter plate and it all fits under the old tin. I think it is $6000 for the new motor and install. (541-Nine26-1811)
That much power plus the extra torque with the diesel scares me on such a small tractor, though. It makes me wonder if you are working it what might break, as it was designed for only a 12 HP gas engine.
I think Jim has done a few electric conversions, as well, but don't know if he is still.

Vern