market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Planet Jr.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Vern and Amy <vaspencer AT sisna.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Planet Jr.
  • Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 07:24:07 -0700

Tom,
I hadn't gotten to using the Gange of Three to mark the bed and then use the push seeder to seed. It sounds funny until you find you have longer rows than you want to plant in one variety at a time and you already have both tools. Thanks for the idea.
I was already thinking about using planters like you do to mark my lines only for hand-transplanting. I am thinking I could use short strips of metal banding that comes on units of lumber to bolt around my press-wheels at specified intervals (after removing my wheel scraper) to mark spots for individual plants in the row. Josh Volk (Slow Hand Farm) has a pic of rods tied across all three press wheels. The wheels have been removed from the planters, so have their own frame mounted to the tractor.
Have you tried using smaller holes for your seeds that come too thickly?
So what do you have against the Jang?
Vern

  • Re: [Market-farming] Planet Jr., Vern and Amy, 04/01/2012