market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Vacuum seeder

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dalew Farms" <dalew AT phonenet.ca>
  • To: "Tom" <tomsgardens AT yahoo.com>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Vacuum seeder
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 13:31:33 -0400

I built my own vaccum seeder and haven't run into any static problems (yet!)

I used a wooden box for the frame but used sheet metal for the plate.  It was stuff that was laying around the shed here since before I bought this farm, I think it is metal that is used for flashing/fascia etc on houses because it was brown.  (white on the backside).  I mention the colour on the sheet metal, just in case the paint has anything to do with preventing the static????

Anyways, haven't been keeping up to the list completely lately, but seen this one and thought it might help!

Dave

Dalew Farms
Web: www.dalewfarms.ca
E-mail: dalew AT phonenet.ca