market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Jang seeder and Beets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "stonecirclefarm tds.net" <stonecirclefarm AT tds.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Jang seeder and Beets
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 12:23:22 -0600

You might try removing the metal thingy with the black felt on it to do beet seed with the Jang.  In my experience, the rough, corky beet seed chews up the felt and it does not flow well out of the seeder with this part of the seeder in place.  I had simlar headaches with the Earthway with beets: it transplants clumps and then nothing and then clumps.  I've switched to transplanting all my beets with a paper chain pot transplanter (smallfarmworks.com).