market-farming - [Market-farming] advice for market vehicle purchase

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "'High tunnel discussion list'" <HIGHTUNNELS AT LISTSERV.KSU.EDU>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] advice for market vehicle purchase
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 16:07:15 -0500

Our old pickup wasn’t worth fixing up for inspection so we are shopping for a market vehicle.  I have been using our RAV4 for market, but we are thinking of getting a larger market vehicle.  We have pretty well settled on used Ford Transit Connect or used Dodge Sprinter.  Do any of you have experience/guidance with these?  We’d pretty much settled on the Transit but I am a little leery of not being able to haul 8 foot anything and the Sprinter is the only other one that has really attracted me.  I heard rave reviews of it a couple of years ago and it was supposed to have 30 mpg mileage, but the reviews are more down around 20.

Oh, neither of us enjoys fixing machinery, so reliability is a must.

Thanks.

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead, Peru NY

http://rhomestead.com      http://www.facebook.com/rhomestead

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used." - Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Frances Moore Lappe