market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Jang fertilizer hopper

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Antoine Gendreau Turmel <fermecouleedouce AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Jang fertilizer hopper
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 20:05:31 -0500

Bonjour Etienne!

I've had mixed results with the fertilizer hopper. It does what it's suppose
to do, but I feel it is made for chemical fertilizer with higher nutrient
content than the pelleted chicken manure or crab meal I use.

A roller that delivers more fertilizer is something I will try next season.

But then you run out of fertilizer fast. So the hopper extension is a must.
And all that fertilizer does add quite a bit of weight.

So it's not perfect but I think it pays for itself pretty fast with money
saved on fertilizer.

By the way I add pelleted chicken manure prior to making the bed on heavy
feeding crops. The fertilizer hopper is only for root or leaf crops.

Antoine G Turmel

Ferme de la Coulée Douce
St-Antoine-de-Tilly, Québec
www.FermeDeLaCouleeDouce.com