market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Garlic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Todd Lister <toddlister1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Garlic
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 23:31:51 -0500

I would most certainly be concerned if my garlic leaves weren't all 6" tall by mid December. Happy to report that this years plantings are there now. As Andy said, mulch and forget em till spring and then I make sure they get food and water.  I have always found that if I don't get heavy leaf production well before spring I won't have good, large heads.
Todd Lister
Veribest Farm