market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fwd: Sharks and the Food Safety Scam | Food Freedom

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fwd: Sharks and the Food Safety Scam | Food Freedom
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:01:42 -0400

A significant problem with language such as that used in the original forward is that it draws reactions such as Kathryn's and Brigette's. I agree with Kathryn that those wanting to address actual problems would do better to do so in specific forms and in calmer language.

Improperly written food safety rules can indeed work against small farms; work against sustainable farming; and decrease rather than increase food safety into the bargain. Discussing how specific legislation and rules might affect those on this list is, in my opinion, relevant to the list. But general snarls such as the original forward, with no cites given for most of the claims, in my opinion work against the causes they claim to benefit.