market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] sweet potato wholesale pricing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rob Wallbridge" <rob AT songberry.ca>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] sweet potato wholesale pricing
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 09:58:32 -0400

I don’t intend to spark a political debate, but here’s a perfect example of how there are a multitude of things we can do to improve the food system in order to feed the hungry before we need to start relying on questionable technologies like GMOs, etc.:

“In south Jersey the best of the best 10-25% are packed in 40 pound boxes and shipped out at $ 10-12. Everything else becomes deer bait.”

Rob Wallbridge

Songberry Organic Farm

rob AT songberry.ca

www.songberry.ca