market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] A Farmer's Opinion on NRCS and why its a poor pro gram...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] A Farmer's Opinion on NRCS and why its a poor pro gram...
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 02:53:30 GMT

Oh, I'm one of those who got so excited when I heard of this program, and
then quickly got disgusted with it. We've been farming (for a living, not as
a hobby) for 9 years now. We weren't even allowed to fill out the paper work.
In Oklahoma you had to be certified organic - period.

I did hear that 11 "farms" in my county received funding for a high tunnel.
Since I attend the only farmers market in my county, and no one there has a
new high tunnel it really makes me wonder where those 11 farms are at.

I'm so happy that I work so hard for so very little so that I can pay my
taxes to buy high tunnels for ?????

Carla
Perkins, OK

57-Year-Old Mom Looks 25