market-farming - [Market-farming] purslane

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Burke Farm <burkefarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] purslane
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 18:22:50 -0400

Another grower at my market definitely grows & sells lots of that
Johnny's purslane.. they cut big clumps & bunch or bag it. I think 3
- 5$ depending on how big the bunch / bag, we have a pretty high end
suburbanite type market.

Just don't try to do that with any that's flowering. Since you snack
on it in the field, I'm sure you know this!

Once you get people to take a bite, I bet you'll have no trouble
selling it. I've put the weeds in my CSA boxes, to favorable reviews.

Lisa Burke
Farming Engineers LLC
z5 Central IN

  • [Market-farming] purslane, Burke Farm, 07/28/2011