market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 102, Issue 34

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 102, Issue 34
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 01:09:15 GMT

We've been market farming for 9 years now. Every summer we have one or two
water bills that are high. In the past, 800 dollars was the highest it had
ever been. Last months bill was 600, and now 1500. I'm sure next months will
be equally high.
This will be one of those years where breaking even will be a good thing. The
sad part is: market sales have been really good. This past Saturday was the
best Saturday we've had in that 9 years. So, we were feeling pretty good,
until the water bill came today!
We can't plant anything for fall, at least not right now. Soil temps are too
high to germinate any seed, never mind the cost of putting out drip, and yes,
more water.

Carla
Perkins, OK

Penny Stock Jumping 3000%