market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] pruning cukes--pro and con

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] pruning cukes--pro and con
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 20:06:55 -0400

Andy

Can you give us hard numbers?  Plant to pound production or row foot to pound production?

I simply do row beds and mulch with straw.  I plant four to eight successive plantings and do zero maintenance other than harvest and cull dead plants.  I am curious if the return if worth the effort in your type of growing.

Thanks for any additional details.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio