market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] [Market-farming CLOSED was Looking for Lemon Grass Plugs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <allan.balliett AT gmail.com>
  • To: thamnophis AT gmail.com, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] [Market-farming CLOSED was Looking for Lemon Grass Plugs
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 09:00:13 -0400

I was able to find reasonably priced plugs from Silverleaf, through Griffin. Thanks! -Allan in WV

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 7:03 AM, Allan Balliett <allan.balliett AT gmail.com> wrote:
Joe - I hear this story often, but we tried it ourselves last year, with some nice bunches direct from a wholesaler. We never got anything to root.

Since then, I've read that lemon grass sold through produce vendors, currently, is frequently chemically treated to keep it from sprouting.

Last year we bought plugs from a grower in Texas. They were awesome. But due to computer problems, I simply cannot find their address.

I've found a couple of other sources, but they are all sold out.

Thanks, Joe.

-Allan in WV