market-farming - [Market-farming] compact flourescents for plant starting

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "'High tunnel discussion list'" <HIGHTUNNELS AT LISTSERV.KSU.EDU>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] compact flourescents for plant starting
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 18:50:27 -0500

Apologies.  I looked through the market-farming achives back to November, and couldn't figure out how to do same for high-tunnels.

There was discussion of using a strip of compact flourescents instead of the 4-foot tubes.  It included a photo? instructions/parts for wiring them in series, and recommendations of types of CFL (wavelength).  Would ya'll please repeat the basics.  I am out of lights and really hate the ballasts and 4-foot bulbs.

Thank you.

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead, Peru, NY
Farm Fresh Food Club CSA - http://rhomestead.com
Become a Fan on Facebook

Garden fresh vegetables, organically grown, and pastured chicken, duck, and geese

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used." - Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Frances Moore Lappe

  • [Market-farming] compact flourescents for plant starting, Beth Spaugh, 02/27/2011