market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Labels for Zip-Lock Produce Bags (?)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rob Wallbridge" <rob AT songberry.ca>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Labels for Zip-Lock Produce Bags (?)
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:04:50 -0500

We buy the waterproof inkjet labels on-line and find they work really well. They are expensive though, so I would wonder if they’re worth using on short-life items like greens. We put on them on jars of sauce, pesto, or jam that are going to be in a freezer or refrigerator for an extended period – some of the ones we’ve kept still look good after a trip through the dishwasher! For greens, I’d experiment with regular inkjet labels before ordering waterproof labels.

Cheers,

Rob

Rob Wallbridge

Songberry Organic Farm

24 Sixth Line, Bristol, QC J0X 1G0

rob AT songberry.ca

www.songberry.ca

facebook: "Songberry Organic Farm"

twitter: @songberryfarm

i -

We are finally getting around to placing some of our winter greens for sale in a local health food store.

I want to put a nice colorful branded label on each bag (will be zip-lock freezer bags)

I think I'll be using a square label, probably around 4x4.

I don't think I've ever heard this mentioned before, but am I supposed to use 'weatherproof' labels?

It appears that Avery doesn't make a waterproof ink jet label, but there are waterproof ink jet labels available on-line

I'm wondering what works for the rest of you.

These labels are for like quart zip lock freezer bags that will be displayed in an open crisper in the 'produce section' of the health food store.