market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] monsanto varieties

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mike Rock <mikerock AT mhtc.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] monsanto varieties
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 18:22:00 -0600

Don't forget Flax seed and walnuts as omega 3 sources.

maury sheets wrote:

Kurt,

You said it in the first line. "This listserv is to educate and/or provide
information to other growers/interested individuals". Sometimes a little
debate is needed to bring out subtle points that can be important. I am
totally against Monsanto reigning over us, but they do some things (actually
very few) right. Take for instance the new GM soybean coming out by them.
It will produce Omega-3 fatty acids in the plant kingdom (a first I
believe). If anyone thinks that is a bad thing, they a either very
misinformed or have no idea about the nutritional needs of the planet. This
plant could supply the needed Omega-3 acids in the human diet and also help
save the aquaculture of the planet from the constant drain on our natural
resources by overfishing (we are probably causing extinctions in the sea
also but we just can't see them). All the fish in the world, it is
projected, will not be able to provide the needs of the human race for
Omega-3's in a few short years. So bad Monsanto, good Monsanto. Education
above all else if we want to save the planet. Besides if everyone totally
agreed with all the posts, we probably wouldn't get very good interaction
(not many would reply to the posts).

Maury Sheets
Woodland Produce
South jersey