market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Heating Greenhouse with wood stoves

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rob Wallbridge" <rob AT songberry.ca>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Heating Greenhouse with wood stoves
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:05:05 -0400

I agree with Steve – I did it for a couple years and have a friend who persevered for longer, but getting out of a warm bed once or twice a night to go stoke a fire loses its romantic appeal pretty quickly, no matter how pretty the stars. My friend also melted the end out of her greenhouse, came pretty close to losing the whole thing, and got lots of tough questions from the insurance company when she had a chimney fire early one morning.

I switched to a simple propane heater, then piped in hot water from our outdoor boiler when we installed it to heat the house – would never go back.

Cheers,

Rob

Rob Wallbridge

Songberry Organic Farm

24 Sixth Line, Bristol, QC J0X 1G0

email: rob AT songberry.ca

web: www.songberry.ca

facebook: become a fan of "Songberry Organic Farm"