market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Sidedressing Fish Meal through a Gandy Box

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mark Weinheimer <mrw601 AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Sidedressing Fish Meal through a Gandy Box
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 09:21:28 -0400

Today's Topics:

  1. Re: Sidedressing Fish Meal through a Gandy Box
     (sunnfarm AT netscape.com)

Clayton,
Bob is right about the IH sidedressing units.  They work very well.  I have a Cub unit I purchased at auction that I modified to fit my Super A.  There are replacement fertilizer units available at reasonable cost if you can find the mounting bracket and drive unit.  Wenger's and others have them. http://www.wengers.com/display_product.asp?category=tractor_equipment&equip_type=farmall_supera&sku=M0901    They are chain driven off a sprocket that bolts onto the little drive shaft on the final drive housing on the right wheel.  The fertilizer units are the same as those used on old McCormick corn planters.
Good Luck,
Mark

--
Mark Weinheimer