market-farming - [Market-farming] Tomato Stems

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Harriet Allen <hattie_allen AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Tomato Stems
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 10:34:25 -0700 (PDT)

I have found that it is better for me to leave the stems on some of the heirlooms where I feel like pulling it off pulls the tomato apart too much!  But they are also the ones that are round enough at the top where I can cut the stem so it is at least level, maybe below the surface so that they don't poke the others.  Mostly I take them off.  There are some cherry tomatoes I have grown that when you remove the stem they do get damaged....Blondkopfchen for example.  I will simply not grow that one next year.

Hattie's Garden
31341 Kendale Rd.
Lewes, DE 19958
302-945-0350

  • [Market-farming] Tomato Stems, Harriet Allen, 10/01/2010