market-farming - [Market-farming] Was: Growing for Compost, Now: Biotillage with forage radish

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Moyer <ramoyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Was: Growing for Compost, Now: Biotillage with forage radish
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 14:02:42 -0400

Richard,
Please find several links below on biotillage with forage radish.
Being a daikon, there is the added benefit of having a large fall
radish to sell at market.
BTW, I learned of this research and grower applications during the
Southern SAWG meeting. Great conference held each winter!

http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/hort/faculty/bjorkman/covercrops/pdfs/Weil_radish.pdf
http://www.cedarmeadowfarm.com/FarmResearch/ForageRadish.html, see two
links therein.
http://www.growingproduce.com/americanvegetablegrower/?storyid=3762
(Couldn't get this one to open, let me know if of value.)

Richard Moyer
SW VA

> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:10:37 -0400
> From: Richard Robinson <rrobinson AT nasw.org>
> To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
> Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Growing for compost
>
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 05:28:33 -0400, Richard Moyer wrote:
>
>> You mentioned wanting to break up heavy clay: I wrote of biotillage
>> radishes
>> to do that, instead of through mechanical tillage.
>
> Is there a link to that?
>
> thanks, Richard
>
> --
> Richard Robinson
> www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/
> Hopestill Farm
> www.hopestill.com

  • [Market-farming] Was: Growing for Compost, Now: Biotillage with forage radish, Richard Moyer, 06/24/2010