market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Advice on how to deal with losingplasticorhigh tunnel

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Advice on how to deal with losingplasticorhigh tunnel
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 14:09:00 -0400

If you can, save the plastic. Cut it into manageable pieces - 40 x 50 or less, or long strips.  It is great for solarizing for weed control, even in our cool climate. It is wonderful for warming soil in the spring.

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead, Peru, NY
Farm Fresh Food Club CSA - http://rhomestead.com
Become a Fan on Facebook

Garden fresh vegetables, organically grown, and pastured chicken, duck, and geese

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used." - Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Frances Moore Lappe