market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cucumber Beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Shawnee Flowerfarmer <farmingflowers AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cucumber Beetles
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 19:50:35 -0500

Just printed a 20 page article on this bad boy from ATTRA written by Steve Diver when he was there.  Absolutely the BEST, most thorough information on cucumber beetles anywhere.  (I want Steve to autograph this copy before I pass it on to new community gardeners.)

 The paper also includes the list of most beetle-attractive cucurbit varieties complied at Cornell Ag.  (That list broke my heart and changed my seed orders.)

For those out there who don't know...it's worth repeating again....ATTRA has definitive information on everything agricultural and horticultural.

Shawnee, zone 5 and reading with interest as the beetles move north....