market-farming - [Market-farming] Long above ground water line advice

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joe Tittiger <joe AT tittiger.com>
  • To: Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Long above ground water line advice
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 14:02:20 -0500

 I am in a money pinch and need to run water to a garden that is about 900' and below my well. The least expensive way to do so that I have discovered is to use 3/4" grey EMT with bell ends above ground.  It is stamped as "PVC" the same as the white pipe.   I will have to cross the rock shrewn drive twice, a horse pasture, and a spring fed creek.

 Can anyone give me some feed back on the pros and cons on going this route?

Thanks for your input! :-)