market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Hatfield Transplanter (was Transplanting Leeks)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "frank ventura" <frank.dragonflyfarms AT gmail.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Hatfield Transplanter (was Transplanting Leeks)
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 15:19:16 -0400

We have used this for the last three to four years (ordered a third for this year) and they work great.  Only takes one hand to manage the planter so the other is free to drop the transplant in.  We make tie a string around a ¼ to ½ bushel basket and carry it around our shoulders with the transplants that have been removed from the flats.  A couple people pulling transplants from the trays and a couple of people planting and it moves along fast.

http://www.standnplant.com/planter.htm

Thanks,

Frank Ventura

Dragonfly Farms