market-farming - [Market-farming] Williams tool system

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Chris O'Brien" <scattleberry AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Williams tool system
  • Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 07:29:00 -0800

Dave,
In your system, do the guide wheels follow the tailings of the tractor, or are they offset, like the illustration on the Bezzerides website.  I'm curious if the tractor could erode the groove that the wheels ride in.

Do you think hand transplanting would be troublesome with this system, even if you use the same set-up to mark the beds?

Finally, do you think the guidance system would be useful on a smaller set-up than the Williams tool system - i.e. on a single toolbar?  I'm curious if  I could make use of the guide wheels while I work up to a Williams tool system.

thanks,
chris