market-farming - [Market-farming] Livestock Standards Board hearing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Owsley lucy <boulderbelt AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: Dayton Locavores <DaytonLocovore AT yahoogroups.com>, Cinci Locavores <CinciLocavore AT yahoogroups.com>, OEFFA Direct <oeffaco_oeffadirect AT oeffa.org>, Farming Market <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Livestock Standards Board hearing
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 05:49:54 -0500

I found this in my face Book in box and thought it might be of interest

First off, thank you all for continuing to be a member of this group, it's great to see it still over 1,000 members strong! For those still wanting to be involved, here is our first big action item since the election (thanks to the Ohio Liberty Council for the info):

What: Share opposition testimony at Statehouse hearing re: Ohio Livestock Standards Board

When: Wednesday, February 3, 2010 9:30 AM

Where:
Ohio Statehouse Rm# 313
1 Capital Square State and High Street
Columbus, OH 43205

There will be a third hearing on Wednesday, February 3rd at 9:30AM in Room 313 of the Ohio Statehouse for Ohio House Bill 414, the implementing legislation for the Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board. This time, the hearing is for opponent testimony.

If you or any farmers you know would like to testify in opposition to this bill, please contact info AT ohiolibertycouncil.org

You will need to have your testimony written in advance and provided to office of Margaret Ann Ruhl (district90 AT ohr.state.oh.us Representative for District 90, and on the committee hearing the testimony), or any of the other Agriculture and Natural Resources committee members (see link below). If you cannot testify in person, and you oppose the content of this bill, it’s imperative that you at least call the offices of the committee members and let them know that you oppose further taxes to pay for this board.

See the committee hearing member names and read further info here:
http://www.ohiolibertycouncil.org/?p=1600

I hope some of you can make it out to provide your testimony, or at least call the committee member offices to voice your opposition!

Thank you,
Laura

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Eco-Farm
Eaton, OH

  • [Market-farming] Livestock Standards Board hearing, Owsley lucy, 02/01/2010