market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] deer deterrent

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: prmsdlndfrm AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] deer deterrent
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 18:56:31 -0500

I have been in the wildlife control biz for over 10 years, what I can tell you about any deterent is it will work , but only for a while. The reason is that any animal that has the ability to adapt to human intrusion to the point of becoming a pest, aka deer, raccoons, they have the knack of learning after repeated exposure that a deterent is not dangerous. They also can become desensitised to sounds and smells. An example, deer hunters have learned, deer in realy rural areas shy away from any human smell, urban deer do not. Why, urban deer are so inundated by human smell from burth it becomes natural.