market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] deduction for home office.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom & Mel at Limerock" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] deduction for home office.
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 09:28:00 -0500

Allan,

We never have used the home office deduction. Our tax person pointed out the 'other side' of the equation; if/when you do sell your home/farm, there are tax consequences to consider. Those deductions have to be paid back to some extent. That and the added bookwork did not seem to be worth it to us. Just a thought, not advice.

If you have not already, do take a few minutes to look at what happens if you sell or quit farming. It has been so long ago, I cannot remember.

Tom
Limerock Orchards and Roadside Market
Near Lake Erie