market-farming - [Market-farming] growing sprouts and greens in clamshell packages.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Curtis Millsap <cmillsap1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] growing sprouts and greens in clamshell packages.
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 13:18:06 -0800 (PST)

I'm getting in to growing microgreens, and I'm looking for a source for the clear plastic clamshells, usually about 5"x5", with sprouting medium in the bottom.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding the process, but my plan is to grow directly in the clamshells, close them up, and take them to the grocer.  I'm having difficulty locating these clamshells though. If anyones already doing this, and has a source, I would love to know.
Thanks,
Curtis

Curtis and Sarah Millsap
Millsap Farm