market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fwd: CSA worker payment

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: E C GRANATA <elainegranata AT msn.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fwd: CSA worker payment
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 09:45:53 -0700

Barb: I had a young woman this summer who wanted to "learn to grow food" and asked to work 2 days a week.  I told her I didn't have money in my budget for any pay and she was fine with that and worked for food.  She worked  6 hours for two days a week and took off when she had other things she needed to do (medical appointments, etc).

At the begining I asked her what she wanted to learn so that I could "tailor" some experiences for her and we checked in every couple of weeks to be sure she was getting what she wanted from the experience.

It worked out well.

Elaine
Denver