market-farming - [Market-farming] Introducing a new member

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: jeaniem AT brightflowernursery.com
  • To: "market-farming " <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Introducing a new member
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:36:12 -0700

Hello all,
I learned about market-farming from Bill Shoemaker today. I grow cut
flowers and herb and vegetable plants in NW Illinois. I am currently
working on a SARE grant to replace the gravel floor of my hoop house
with top soil. I also am exploring piping hot air into the soil to
further increase my growing season. I would enjoy sharing with high
tunnel growers who grow in zone 4. I am considering growing flowers in
spring summer and greens and root vegetables in fall and winter. I have
done well with flowers in crates but the potting soil is exorbitant and
it is difficult to efficiently use the space. thanks,
Jeanie McKewan
Brightflower Nursery

  • [Market-farming] Introducing a new member, jeaniem, 11/24/2009