market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Ohio market farmer cited for washing raw produce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Owsley lucy <boulderbelt AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Ohio market farmer cited for washing raw produce
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 06:58:29 -0400

All my labels on my bagged greens say "Wash Me" this means the greens are not ready to eat and therefore not processed. But I do hyrdro-cool everything before it goes into the fridge and than gets bagged.

I also know that some counties in Ohio (mainly around Cleveland) are much more hardcore about checking markets and enforcing. In SW Ohio there is much less enforcement and the health dept and ODA folks seem a lot more mellow about such things.

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Eco-Farm
Eaton, OH