market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] broccoli leaves and brussel sprouts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "courtney mcleod" <sunmoonriver AT windstream.net>
  • To: "Market farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] broccoli leaves and brussel sprouts
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 12:21:49 -0400

Bob…can you explain this more to me about removing the tips to make the sprouts?  I have 2 kinds out there…leaving them out there as they are fine but not fully developed?

Thanks

Courtney

Herb Thyme

Middlefield, Oh

Better tasting than broccoli are brussel sprout tips. When plants get tall enough we have to remove the growing point to make the sprouts. About 10 tips make a pound. Tips have the thinnest tenderest leaves and we just usually toss them... Bob.