market-farming - [Market-farming] For Those Of You In Ohio - Issue 2

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] For Those Of You In Ohio - Issue 2
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 09:25:45 -0400

We are going to making it clear that we, as a farm are decidedly against Issue 2 for two reasons.

A) No one knows exactly what happens if the issue passes.  Its certainly a pro Big-Ag.
B) Fear of POSSIBLE future laws is not a reason to burden a State Constitution.

OSU Extension did a more balanced piece then the propaganda we have been seeing out of the FB. http://ohioagmanager.osu.edu/news/index.php  It still appears to be a little heavy in weighing in on "COULD BEs" rather than what is.

At the Farm Science Review they were handing out a massive amount of literature and signage and I wonder who is footing the bill for this.

We encourage other small growers to do the same.  We need less rules here in Ohio not more.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855

(513) 967-1106

  • [Market-farming] For Those Of You In Ohio - Issue 2, Richard Stewart, 10/05/2009