market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Row cover recommend?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Owsley lucy <boulderbelt AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Row cover recommend?
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:32:06 -0400

I like the 30 to 50 weight covers for frost protection. For peppers two layers of agri-bon 30 on #9 wire hoops will give decent protection, better than 1 layer of the 50 weight. Putting water filled gallon milk jugs by each plant (the water filled jugs act as heat sinks) is even better. If it is going down much below 30F it is best to pull all peppers off the plants as they will sustain damage even covered.

If the peppers are showing some color they will ripen off the plant just like tomatoes

I get my row cover from Nolt's Produce Supply as they have the cheapest prices