market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Monsanto Boycott

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: growbd AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Monsanto Boycott
  • Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 16:02:03 -0400

ugh.

I so appreciate this thread...and am disgusted by how many Monsanto-owned varieties I've been cluelessly growing.

Thanks, Steve, for the list below.  Following the link to Seminis reveals many more favorites (Marketmore 76 cukes anyone? Ambassador, Butterstick, Bush Delicata, Table Ace squash?!!!).  Considering how many seed companies Monsanto has snatched up in the last few years and how many more purchase selected varieties from them, it's clear that we're probably all putting money in the Monsanto coffers.

I'm going to make compilation of a list of such varieties a winter priority and will share my results here.  Any leads appreciated.

Deb