market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] wild turkeys

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Diane Wilson" <dilwilson AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] wild turkeys
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 11:55:47 -0500

Hi Marie –

I’m jumping in here because I have a farm collie too. He’s great with the chickens but that was a prerequisite for us when looking for a pup since we wanted protection from coyotes. Farm collies (many are English Shepherds) are amazing animals. Can’t say enough good things about them! Actually we just got a 2nd one last week – a 3 year old rescue who will require some training but I’m confident is learning that the chickens are part of our family. My first dog came from a breeder in southern Missouri.

There are some good Yahoo lists with lots of information and knowledgeable owners and breeders: English Shepherd and AWFA , both at yahoogroups.com

Diane

outside Lawrence, KS