market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Slugs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: deberryemail-website AT yahoo.com
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Slugs
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 06:45:14 -0700 (PDT)

The beer slug traps work - we pushed mayo jar lids into the soil so the tops were even with the soil, then added beer.  The slugs are attracted to the yeast in the beer and drown.

Worked well until our puppy came along and decided he liked beer too - he drank all of it from every trap and walked funny for a while.  True story.