market-farming - [Market-farming] cooling

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Michael Meredith <meredith848 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] cooling
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 10:43:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, I am a carpenter in Virginia, and a wanna be farmer with 1/4 acre,
working on 1/2.
On hot days, I freeze a gallon of water the night before, and it melts all
day for something good to drink.
If cooler water is an advantage with the wilting lettuce, then some frozen
gallons kept in a cooler, dropped into a tank one at a time to cool the
lettuce, may help.
A janitors trash can with a lid may be a good choice for hauling water.
Michael