market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Wheel cultivator/hoe suggestions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz" <liz AT horseshoegardens.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Wheel cultivator/hoe suggestions
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 16:59:45 -0400

I have both cultivators mentioned here, the 3-tine and Glaser wheel hoe.  I'd try the 3-tine first.  It does a very good job of cultivating and can be used to mix in fertilizers/amendments/etc.  With the Glaser, unless your daughters are tall they may find it difficult to push/pull with their arms raised at an angle which isn't necessary for adults.  Our soil is clay/rock--sometimes it's even difficult for me to use the Glaser.

We're not too far from you Richard.  At which market do you sell?

Liz Pike
Horseshoe Gardens.com
Hillsville VA
zone 6b/7a