market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] cooler

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] cooler
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 18:15:15 EDT

We looked around and found a refrigerated truck box at a local used truck dealership.  This was a sandwich company that traded for a new truck and body.  Gave them 350 for the body and called our local repair man and he rebuilt the freezer and make a cooler out of the old freezer.  Worked great now for over 10 years and it cost less than a grand.  It is a 14' X 7' has nice big doors on the back we can lock if we feel we have to.  Check the used truck body places in your  area, bet you could come up with a cheap cooler.

Phil

Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make dinner for $10 or less.