market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Time study

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: JOHN A HENDRICKSON <jhendric AT wisc.edu>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Time study
  • Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:24:35 -0600

I would like to post details about the transplanter but cannot do so until
this weekend due to other time commitments. Let me just say for now that
this transplanter is based on a system of paper pots that are in a chain.
Because the transplants are linked in a chain, they feed themselves through
the transplanter. With it I transplant 264 plants in less than a minute.
Primary uses are for closely spaced crops like alliums but also some greens
and cut flowers.

-John